15 N. Main Street, Suite 100
West Hartford, CT 06107
New Haven: (203) 285-8545
Stamford: (203) 428-4907
West Hartford: (860) 967-0427
Lisa Perkins joined Green & Sklarz after more than 17 years with the U.S. Department of Justice. She worked for five years as a trial attorney in the Western Criminal Enforcement Section of the Tax Division, prosecuting tax crimes in the western half of the United States, then moved to Connecticut. Until January 2015, she was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Hartford, handling both civil and criminal litigation in federal court on behalf of the U.S. government. Her caseload included tax and financial crimes, immigration, employment discrimination, medical malpractice, Freedom of Information Act litigation and civil rights cases. Attorney Perkins is also an Assistant Clinical Professor and Associate Director of the Tax Clinic at UConn School of Law, where she supervises law students who represent low-income taxpayers before the IRS and in Tax Court.
Attorney Perkins has established a record of convincing government agents and attorneys to forgo criminal charges and civilly resolve many cases. In those cases where it was necessary for clients to either go to trial or plead guilty, Lisa has an exceptional track record of obtaining below guidelines sentences for clients.
Lisa is a Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel, an organization in which membership is an honor reserved for those at the top of their chosen profession. The College’s members, called “Fellows,” are recognized for their extraordinary accomplishments and professional achievements and for their dedication to improving the practice of tax law. Fellows must be nominated by their peers for this honor. Self-nomination is not permitted. Each nominee must satisfy the established criteria and pass a rigorous screening process before he or she becomes a Fellow.
Attorney Perkins earned a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University, a Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law and an LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown Law.
Articles & Press
- Quoted in Market Watch: This crazy map shows you how complicated the tax code has become — and it will make you weep!
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Green & Sklarz’s Joanna Kornafel is receiving the 2020 Young Lawyers Section Vanguard Award
- SBA Issues Additional Guidance on PPP Loan: Damn You Shake Shack and Why Does the SBA Hate Debtors in Possession?
- Can a company with more than 500 employees get a PPP loan? Sometimes YES!
- Can loans available under the CARES Act help a business debtor in bankruptcy?
- IRS issues warning about Coronavirus-related scams; watch out for schemes tied to economic impact payments