543 Prospect Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
New Haven: (203) 285-8545
Stamford: (203) 428-4907
West Hartford: (860) 967-0427
Lisa Perkins joined Green & Sklarz after more than 17 years with the U.S. Department of Justice. She worked for five years as a trial attorney in the Western Criminal Enforcement Section of the Tax Division, prosecuting tax crimes in the western half of the United States, then moved to Connecticut. Until January 2015, she was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Hartford, handling both civil and criminal litigation in federal court on behalf of the U.S. government. Her caseload included tax and financial crimes, immigration, employment discrimination, medical malpractice, Freedom of Information Act litigation and civil rights cases. Attorney Perkins is also an Assistant Clinical Professor and Associate Director of the Tax Clinic at UConn School of Law, where she supervises law students who represent low-income taxpayers before the IRS and in Tax Court.
Attorney Perkins earned a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University, a Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law and an LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown Law.
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Exhaustion is Required Before Seeking Damages from the IRS for Violating the Discharge Injunction
- Convicted Embezzler Rebecca Block From Windsor Sentenced to Prison
- Nevada Lawyer Sentenced To Prison For Filing False Tax Returns
- Michigan Nail Salon Supplier Pleads Guilty To Filing A False Tax Return
- Owners of Virginia Subcontracting Firm Sentenced to Prison for Tax Evasion