As tax attorneys, we handle planning for all phases of our clients’ lives. We provide succession planning and wealth transfer/estate planning strategies to our clients to ensure their goals are met and their family needs are covered.
We advise on lifetime gifts, inter-vivos and post-mortem estate plans and issues related to the management and taxation of inter-generational transfer strategies. We assist families to plan for the transition of businesses from one generation to the next, and to avoid family disputes and help assure the business is not tangled up in probate court.
For new parents, we can help you put the basics in place so you have financial peace of mind while you start your journey as a parent, including Wills, Living Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney and Trusts. These basic yet critical documents can assure your child has the right guardian, your money is properly managed, and taxes are reduced or avoided entirely.
We also work to provide sophisticated advice to ensure that gift, estate, generation-skipping transfer taxes, wealth taxes and other forms of capital tax are minimized while endeavoring to maximize family flexibility when dealing with these issues. Structures may be designed to reduce future creditor risk, whether from a business or as a result of divorce or other family issues.
Business succession planning is critical for clients who wish to achieve their goals of maximizing value from their business while maintaining control and minimizing taxes. By listening to our client’s and identifying what their personal goals are we can work with them and their other financial advisors to put a plan in place that gets them to where they want to be while reducing liability and tax exposure.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wealth transfer planning, including gifting strategies and discount planning
- Drafting estate documents, including Wills, Living Wills, Health Care Proxies, Powers of Attorney, Revocable Living trusts and Irrevocable trusts
- Succession planning and buy-sell agreements for businesses and their owners
- Probate administration for estates
- Charitable planning, to maximize the value to the charity while strategically planning for the estate reduction and obtaining the maximum benefit for the family/donors.