The firm’s corporate and business practice serves clients in a broad spectrum of industries. Our clients range from large, publicly-traded entities to closely-held start-ups and entrepreneurial businesses.
We take pride in developing a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, which enables us to provide practical solutions as well as sound legal advice.
We provide a full range of operational and transactional services, and our lawyers assist our clients with the panoply of issues and transactions that arise in the life-cycle of a business, including:
- Choice and formation of entity
- Corporate governance
- Operating agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Financing transactions
- Construction agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Complex service agreements
- License agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Divestitures and dissolutions
- Joint ventures
- Employment contracts and executive compensation arrangements
While we serve clients in a wide range of businesses, we have particularly significant experience in the structuring of tax-efficient mergers and acquisitions of businesses and their assets. Additionally, in conjunction with our Trusts & Estates practice, our attorneys have extensive experience with closely held and family businesses, and work with many of our business clients to implement wealth preservation and long-range succession planning strategies.
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Florida Airplane Broker Sentenced to Over Seven Years for Tax and Wire Fraud
- Massachusetts Temp Agency Operator Pleads Guilty to Employment Tax Fraud
- West Virginia Business Owner Sentenced to Prison for Failing to Pay Employment Taxes
- Texas Tax Return Preparer Pleads Guilty to Tax and Identity Theft Crimes
- IRS Announces the end of the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program