On January 11, 2016, President-elect Donald Trump said that repeal and replacement of the ACA will essentially be simultaneous when he spoke briefly about the ACA and a border tax at a news conference in New York. He stated that the administration’s submission of a plan would occur as soon as a Health and Human Services secretary is approved. Similarly, House Speaker Paul Ryan echoed that ACA replacement and appeal would be concurrent. IRS Commissioner John Koskinen reported to Congress on the ACA’s individual shared responsibility requirement (also known as the “individual mandate”) and indicated that approximately 80% of taxpayers checked the box on their 2015 returns to denote they had qualifying coverage all year.
About Eric Green
The focus of Attorney Eric L. Green’s practice is civil and criminal taxpayer representation before the Department of Justice Tax Division, Internal Revenue Service and state Departments of Revenue Services, as well as handling probate matters and estate planning for individuals and business owners and tax planning for closely held businesses.
You also might be interested in
SBA Issues Additional Guidance on PPP Loan: Damn You Shake Shack and Why Does the SBA Hate Debtors in Possession?
On Friday, April 24, 2020 after President Trump signed the[...]
Evaded taxes on over $490,000 in income The former employee[...]
Thrilled to announce that TAX REP LLC, in partnership with[...]
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Confirming Arbitration Awards in Federal Court – Supreme Court Decision Impacts Petition Requirements
- TRN Podcast: AccountingWeb’s Seth Fineberg on May Summit in San Diego
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: The Lifecycle of a Criminal Tax Case
- Tax Rep Network: Mad at the IRS? Blame Congress! with Guinevere Moore
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: Automate Everything! With Andrew Lassise