Note: There is no Continuing Education credit given for the recording.
Lunchtime roundtable discussion with Connecticut Department of Revenue Services (CT CRS) on COVID-19 tax issues.
Our eyes are burning right now reading daily COVID updates. Take a break and join us for a substantive review of COVID-19 tax relief updates, status of collections and audits, emerging issues regarding nexus, statutory residency, domicile, and income allocation. We will also compare the DRS response to the IRS initiatives so attendees can compare and contrast the two approaches (and EAs can get credit!)
- Review CT payment and filing extensions
- Impact of COVID on CT collections
- Impact of COVID on CT audits
- Will CT follow NJ in declaring relief and not imposing nexus on employer’s who have employee’s working in NJ during COVID if no nexus existed before COVID?
- Impact of COVID on domicile
- Impact of COVID on statutory residency day counts where folks get stuck in CT
- The IRS initiatives and compare these with the CT DRS approach