Jeffrey M. Sklarz was included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Eric Green on NBC Morning News Discusses “Tax Mistakes that Lead to an Audit” (Full Article)
Tax Lien panel at the American Bar Association Tax Meeting, September 2016. From Right to Left: Attorney Eric Green, Frederick Schindler, IRS Office of Chief Counsel, and Attorney Frank Agostino
Attorney Eric L. Green speaks at the National Taxpayer Advocate’s Forum in Washington, DC on May 17, 2016
Sample Scam Call Targeting Taxpayers
Eric Green on ABC News 8 Discusses “Avoiding the IRS audit” (Full Article)
Eric Green on ABC Morning News Discusses “Tax Day Preps”
Eric Green’s Interview on WTNH News 8 on “Mistakes Tax Preparers are Making”
Eric Green’s Interview of Carline Ciraolo, Acting Assistant Attorney General for The Dept. of Justice Tax Division
click on the links below to view and download
- 11 Common Mistakes Taxpayers Make on Their Tax Return
- CCH Journal Of Tax Using Qualified Offers to Obtain Fees & Settle Cases – CCH Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure June-July 2011
- CT Supreme Court’s Alexandre Decision Sept-Oct 2011
- DRS Collection Procedures May-June 2011
- Eggshell Audits – What Accountants Need to Know – Sumnews Summer 2011
- Innocent Spouse Rulings – CCH Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure Aug-Sept 2009
- IRS Collection Procedures – CSCPA Magazine SeptOct 2008
- Levy & Economic Hardship – CSCPA Magazine March-April 2010
- Lien Basics I – Jan-Feb 2012
- Make the IRS an Offer it Can’t Refuse – CCH Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure April-May 2010
- Sentencing in Tax Crimes – CSCPA Magazine Nov-Dec 2009
- Tax Fraud – CSCPA Magazine March-April 2008
- Trust Fund Recovery – CSCPA Magazine Jan-Feb 2009
- Compliance Hardship and Levy
- DRS Case Changes Bookkeeping Requirements
- Innocent Spouse Article May 2009
- IRS Collection Update Article
- IRS Deal for Offshore Accounts
- Qualified Offer Article May 2010
- Sentencing After Gall
- Tax Fraud Pitfalls Article
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Article
- Attorney Green quoted in Fairfield Business Journal: Is the IRS Targeting Small Businesses for Audits?
- Attorney Green quoted in Fox Business: Five Overlooked Deductions for Families
- Attorney Green quoted in the Wall Street Journal: Tips for Homeowners to Ease the Tax Bite
- Attorney Green was quoted in MoneyRates.com: 5 Overlooked Deductions for Families
- Attorney Green was quoted in the Wall Street Journal: Tapping Home Equity to Play the Market
- Attorney Sklarz was quoted on CreditCard.com: Why the Wealthy Go Broke!
- Attorney Green was quoted in TheStreet.Com: Do You Owe the IRS Big Time Money? That’s No Reason To Lose Sleep!
- Attorney Eric Green quoted in the Wall Street Journal’s Market Watch discussing the trend of women participating in or taking control of their household finances! Read the article here: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-more-wealthy-women-weigh-in-on-financial-decisions-2014-09-09?link=MW_home_latest_news
- Read Attorney Eric Green’s quote in the June 2008 edition of Consumer Reports – Money Advisor: “A Letter from the IRS? No need to panic – Here’s how to respond.”
- Connecticut CPAs: Read Attorney Convicer’s and Green’s article on Tax Fraud in Connecticut CPA Magazine!
- Read Attorney Eric Green’s comments regarding Cancellation of Debt on Creditcard.com
- Read Attorney Eric Green’s Article on Estate Planning, Life Insurance and the Non-Citizen Spouse in The National Underwriter!
- Read Attorney Eric Green’s quotes in USA Today!
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Green & Sklarz’s Joanna Kornafel is receiving the 2020 Young Lawyers Section Vanguard Award
- SBA Issues Additional Guidance on PPP Loan: Damn You Shake Shack and Why Does the SBA Hate Debtors in Possession?
- Can a company with more than 500 employees get a PPP loan? Sometimes YES!
- Can loans available under the CARES Act help a business debtor in bankruptcy?
- IRS issues warning about Coronavirus-related scams; watch out for schemes tied to economic impact payments