Alicia Washington aka Alicia Keith, 41, and others obtained electronic filing identification numbers (EFINs) in the names of several tax return preparation businesses and used them to file fraudulent tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). To prepare these returns, Washington used stolen IDs belonging to individuals who had been arrested or jailed. Washington and others in the scheme directed the IRS to issue refunds in the form of checks and prepaid debit cards, which were then negotiated by co-conspirators working as check cashers.
About Klemens Raab
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Klemens Raab has contributed 57 entries to our website, so far.View entries by Klemens Raab
You also might be interested in
Listen in on this weeks episode as I am joined by[...]
CONVICER, PERCY & GREEN, LLP concentrates in federal and state[...]
The pandemic continues to rage and new stimulus payments are[...]
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Confirming Arbitration Awards in Federal Court – Supreme Court Decision Impacts Petition Requirements
- TRN Podcast: AccountingWeb’s Seth Fineberg on May Summit in San Diego
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: The Lifecycle of a Criminal Tax Case
- Tax Rep Network: Mad at the IRS? Blame Congress! with Guinevere Moore
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: Automate Everything! With Andrew Lassise