Attorney Eric Green will be a panelist on a national teleconference for the American Bar Association Tax Section on July 12, 2012 entitled “Eggshell Audits: Handling IRS Examinations of Closely Held Businesses When There are Criminal Tax Issues.” The panel will review issues that arise during IRS civil audits of closely held businesses in which the revenue agent is unaware of material errors and possible fraudulent conduct with respect to the returns. The panel will discuss the fine line between cooperation and remaining silent to avoid self-incrimination, the use of Kovel accountants, the government’s use of administrative summons, and the signs that the case may have been referred for criminal investigation.
About Klemens Raab
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Klemens Raab has contributed 57 entries to our website, so far.View entries by Klemens Raab
You also might be interested in
Tax Rep Network Podcast Episode 86: The View from IRS Office of Chief Counsel: Michael Desmond – 2020 IRS Representation Conference
Join Caroline Ciraolo of Kostelanetz & Fink, LLP as she[...]
A Las Vegas, Nevada, tax return preparer pleaded guilty today[...]
Attorney Eric Green will be presenting at the National Association[...]
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Confirming Arbitration Awards in Federal Court – Supreme Court Decision Impacts Petition Requirements
- TRN Podcast: AccountingWeb’s Seth Fineberg on May Summit in San Diego
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: The Lifecycle of a Criminal Tax Case
- Tax Rep Network: Mad at the IRS? Blame Congress! with Guinevere Moore
- Tax Rep Network Podcast: Automate Everything! With Andrew Lassise