Attorney Eric Green will be a panelist on a national teleconference for the American Bar Association Tax Section on July 12, 2012 entitled “Eggshell Audits: Handling IRS Examinations of Closely Held Businesses When There are Criminal Tax Issues.” The panel will review issues that arise during IRS civil audits of closely held businesses in which the revenue agent is unaware of material errors and possible fraudulent conduct with respect to the returns. The panel will discuss the fine line between cooperation and remaining silent to avoid self-incrimination, the use of Kovel accountants, the government’s use of administrative summons, and the signs that the case may have been referred for criminal investigation.
About Klemens Raab
This author hasn't written their bio yet.
Klemens Raab has contributed 57 entries to our website, so far.View entries by Klemens Raab
You also might be interested in
A Reno, Nevada attorney was sentenced today to 25 months[...]
A Miami escort service owner pleaded guilty today to filing[...]
Used Business Accounts to Evade Paying Their Income Tax Liability[...]
RECENT GS LAW NEWS
- Tax Rep Network Podcast Episode 97: Economic Hardship and Offset Bypass Refunds with Nina Olson
- IRS Can Use John Doe Summons to Identify Taxpayers with Cryptocurrency
- Tax Rep Network Podcast Episode 96: The Merger of Immigration and Tax Issues with Gwen Moore
- Tax Rep Network Podcast Episode 95: IRS Enforcement & Crypto-Currency: Update with Steve & Mike
- Big Win in the United States Tax Court for Jeff Sklarz in Anikeev vs Commissioner