Green & Sklarz LLC is a boutique law firm that focuses on representing businesses and individuals with complex tax planning needs and representation. The firm’s attorneys have established a reputation for excellent and efficient representation of clients who have complex transactions, planning needs or have encountered difficult circumstances. As planners we handle corporate transactions and significant land use issues, as well as sophisticated estate planning and succession planning for our individual and family clients. As crisis managers, we assist clients with identifying and attempting to achieve core goals, in order to protect businesses, employees and families. We draw on a cross-disciplinary approach to ensure our client’s needs are addressed in order to reach the best possible solution to problems.
Our practice areas include:
- Corporate and commercial deals, including structuring and executing sophisticated business planning and acquisitions
- Estate & succession planning for closely held businesses and owners
- Estate work and probate work, including assisting clients through the probate process and resolving outstanding issues
- Bankruptcy and financial restructuring, and assisting clients in resolving their business-related financial obligations
- Representation of creditor’s committees and equity holders in Chapter 11 cases
- Using bankruptcy to resolve civil tax problems and collection issues
- Representation of taxpayers before the IRS, U.S. department of Justice, and federal and state courts in collection, audits and appeals
- Criminal Tax Investigations before the IRS, Department of Justice Tax Division and Connecticut Department of Revenue Services
- Tax Shelter resolution
- Commercial and business litigation
- Fiduciary litigation
- Prosecution and defense of fraudulent transfer, preference and avoidance actions
The firm maintains an active tax controversy, bankruptcy and litigation practice and frequently appears before the United States District Court, United States Tax Court, United States Bankruptcy Court and Connecticut state courts. The firm represents individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, estates and others in criminal tax investigations, administrative tax controversies and tax disputes before the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice Tax Division and the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
The firm’s partners also train other tax practitioners and are frequent lecturers with a number of local and national organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute, CCH, the National Association of Tax Professionals and others.